The New York Times
Date: DEC. 5, 2015
By KEITH BRADSHER and ADAM NOSSITER
Emeka Ezelugha was excited to open a computer training center. He could teach his countrymen some skills and earn a living.
But soon after the center opened in a rough, two-story concrete building in Lagos, a blaze broke out in the main classroom. The flames incinerated 30 desktop computers, as well as televisions and air-conditioners.
The culprit was unmistakable: one of two dozen power strips in the classroom. The faulty equipment was made in China, even though the salesman said it was British.
“The guy tried to convince me it was from the U.K. — I was surprised when it happened,” Mr. Ezelugha said. [FULL STORY]